We work with individuals, families and communities to empower people to identify assets, needs, opportunities, rights and responsibilities.
We help people plan what is needed and support them to take appropriate action.
Often acting as a link between communities and a range of local authority and voluntary sector providers, such as the police, social workers and teachers we develop activities and services to generate aspiration, confidence and address inequality.
We also work closely with the business community and support them so that they understand the valuable role they can play in the community.
- Family Fun Engagement Days.
- My team achievements – Physical challenges (Bike, Hikes, Runs and Team Sports).
- Giving something back – Volunteering programmes in the UK and Abroad.
- Social Events and Awards Ceremonies.
- Professional development programmes.
Many of our projects support communities perceived to be culturally, economically and geographically disadvantaged.
We work hard to make sense of the issues which affect young people and through empowerment and active participation we create communities which take collective action and generate solutions to real life problems.
Our communities use sport, physical activity and education to tackle the largest social and economic challenges of the 21st Century. Together we do this by:
- Developing and empowering leaders, coaches, volunteers and those who aren’t in education, employment or training to gain meaningful placements and employment (People Development).
- Increasing the number of people playing sport (Participation).
- Engaging and inspiring young people by raising and celebrating educational achievement (Education).
- Delivering an inclusive programme of activities that involves and engages hard to reach groups, improving community cohesion (Social Inclusion).
- Promoting well-being and healthy lifestyles within local communities (Health).
- Supporting organisations to achieve their corporate social responsibility targets (Charity).
- Governing the operations of Community of Purpose efficiently and effectively to ensure that it is legally and financially viable (Governance).