We often act as a link between communities and a range of local authority and voluntary organisations to develop activities and services to generate aspiration, confidence and address inequalities.
We help people plan what is needed and support them to take appropriate action.
Often acting as a link between communities and a range of local authority and voluntary sector providers, such as the police, social workers and teachers we develop activities and services to generate aspiration, confidence and address inequality.
We also work closely with the business community and support them so that they understand the valuable role they can play in the community. This can be in a number of different forms: Family Fun days, Team achievement challenges or volunteer days or it can be by investing in one of Our Projects.
Our communities use sport, physical activity and education to tackle the largest social and economic challenges of the 21st Century. Together we do this by:
- Developing and empowering leaders, coaches, volunteers and those who aren’t in education, employment or training to gain meaningful placements and employment (People Development).
- Increasing the number of people playing sport (Participation).
- Engaging and inspiring young people by raising and celebrating educational achievement (Education).
- Delivering an inclusive programme of activities that involves and engages hard to reach groups, improving community cohesion (Social Inclusion).
- Promoting well-being and healthy lifestyles within local communities (Health).
- Supporting organisations to achieve their corporate social responsibility targets (Charity).
- Governing the operations of Community of Purpose efficiently and effectively to ensure that it is legally and financially viable (Governance).